Welcome to the very first
National Golf Braai Festival!
The National Golf Braai Festival will take place in Nelspruit from 20-25 September 2020. We will be camping at Lakeview Lodge & Caravan Park, which is about 8km from Mbombela (Nelspruit) Golf Club. All 4 Rounds of Golf will be played at Mbombela GC.
To Create ‘Gees’ among all Saffas taking Part in this epic annual Festival!
How do we do it?
By gathering around the fires every night with Live Entertainment, waking up to the fresh ‘bushveld’ air, having a Amarula Coffee when you wake up, being out on the golf course every day and then repeat what you did the previous day, for the rest of the week!
DATES: 20 – 25 September 2020
COST: R24 000 per Team of 4 Golfers (R6 000 pp)
R2 800 for Non Golfers (Excludes Golf & Goodie Bag)
Kids Under 12 Free
Your Entry will only be secured once we receive the 50% Deposit. Please send your POP along with the entry form (R12 000 for the team) + Full Payment for all Non-Golfers
INCLUDED IN THE COST:
- 5 Nights’ Camping Accommodation (1 team per stand, with a Maximum of 6 people per stand)
- 4 Rounds of Golf at Mbombela GC, Excl. Carts (Golfers Only)
- Goodie Bag per player on arrival (worth over R2000) (Golfers Only)
- Golf-Braai Fest Golf Shirt and Cap (Golfers only)
- Golf-Braai Fest T-Shirt (Non-Golfers Only)
- Braai Wood for each day (4 Bags per team/day)
- Meat Packs Daily (Golfers & Non-Golfers)
- Live Entertainment for all
- Prize Giving Dinner on Thursday 24 Sept. at the Golf Club (Golfers & Non-Golfers)
- Loads of Prizes (Daily and Event Prizes)
*MAXIMUM OF 50 TEAMS ALLOWED ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASE, SO GET YOUR ENTRIES IN AS SOON AS POSSIBLE*
- Accommodation is at the Lakeview Lodge & Caravan Park Camp Site
- Check in Sunday 20 September, Check Out Friday 25 September
- 1 Team of 4 per Stand, with a maximum of 6 people per stand (if Non-Golfers Join)
- If your team and partners consist of more than 6 people, 2 Stands will be allocated to you
- You can use a Tent, Trailer or Caravan to Camp in for the week
- All stands has its own Power Point
- Clean Ablutions accessible to everyone
- Dedicated Area for the Stage, AtmosFire, Breakfast and Coffee Stands
- The 4 Rounds of Golf is at Mbombela GC, and excludes carts
- Carts can be booked directly with the Pro Shop on (013) 744 0952
- SCORE CARDS: 2 x Score Cards per 4 Ball must be handed in after every round! 1 for the Team Comp, and 1 for the Individual Comp
- The individual Comp will be on Normal Stableford Points over the 4 rounds
- There will be various great Prizes up for Grabs. This forms a big part of the Festival, but the main aim is to unite and bring ‘Gees’
- We will announce a different Team Comp for each round
- Daily Winners announced every evening
- Each Team will have 2 x AM, and 2 x PM Tee Off Times over the 4 days
NB!!! TEAMS TO DRESS UP FOR GOLF ON THURSDAY 24 SEPTEMBER: Theme – National Braai Day / Heritage Day – GET CREATIVE!!!!! Best dressed team will win something!
Welcome Packs / Goodie Bags
- Each player will receive their bag on arrival
- What’s in the Bag? You will have to wait and see
- Goodies worth over R2000
- Non-Golfers are more than welcome to join!!
- Please just complete the amount of non-golfers on the entry forms
- Reaching Infinity will be entertaining us throughout the week
- They have a massive variety of live music that they perform, and we are sure to be entertained!
- There will be a stage at the Camp Site for their performances every night
- We will have a camera crew at the festival, with a production team to take footage of all aspects during the week
- The Event will be featured on Super Sport!! Dates and Channel to be confirmed after the event (should be in October 2020)
- The Team with the best ‘GEES” will win a free entry for the Team in the 2021 Golf Braai Festival!
- Teams will be judged on various aspects:
- Gees at the Camp Site
- Gees on the Golf Course
- How you get along with the other teams
- What your Camp Site looks like (get creative with team Branding, South African Flags etc.)
- Team names
- Team Kit’s
- Best Dressed Team on Thursday at the Golf Course
- Creativeness of you side dishes and how you prepare your meat
- Social Media Posts – please tag National Golf Braai Festival or use #golfbraaifest